Edelleen vanhempieni luona. En ole koskaan asunut tässä kaupungissa, mutta seutu tuntuu niin kodilta; täällä minä kasvoin, täällä minun sydämeni on. Niin ihana aurinkokin, satuttiin tänne kestohangille juuri sopivasti Pirkanmaan kaaoksen aikaan... Tampereelle maanantaina palannut rakkaani kertoi että Ylöjärveltä kotiin keskustan liepeille oli ajomatka kestänyt yli tunnin -- en kadehdi. Ja täysihoidon ansiosta olen saanut tehdä kaikenlaista mitä en tavallisesti juuri ehdi; lukea, kutoa, kyläillä vanhojen ystävien luona, ja alla vastaan englanniksi yhteen kauan odottaneeseen haasteeseenkin. Jos suuntaat katseesi aivan tekstin loppupuolelle, huomaat, hyvä lukija, että siellä on haaste sinullekin. Olisi niin mukava kuulla sinusta.
Still up north, at my parents'. I've never lived in this town (my parents moved here a couple of years ago because of work), but being anywhere in this part of Finland feels like being home. This is where I grew up, this is the scenery of my soul. And given that our current accomodation provides full board, I've had lots of time to do all sorts of lovely things I usually don't have that much time for. I read a book. I've almost finished knitting a cardigan for my sweet little girl. We've been to see friends in my hometown not so far away from here. I've browsed through countless interior decoration magazines, taking mental notes of great ideas, and thinking about wallpapers...
And now I finally, finally have the time to concentrate on the questions that lovely Karen at A Quiet Corner tagged me with ages ago (you can see her post about it here). Thank you, Karen, for this, and I'm so sorry it took me so long to get back to this!
The idea is that you tell eleven random facts about yourself, then answer the eleven questions posed by the person who tagged you, then come up with eleven questions for the people you're going to tag. As I feel I've told so much about myself here during the past three years, my 'eleven random things' aren't going to be about me, this time. Instead, in honour of her third birthday (thank you all for your kind birthday wishes!), I'm going to share
eleven random facts about my daughter:
1. She talks so much, and so fluently, people are often baffled when they find out her age.
2. She doesn't care about the clothes she wears, but boy does she love shoes! I don't know where she gets that from, but she could sit there trying on any kinds of shoes for ages. And she's getting to that stage where wearing mommy's shoes instantly makes her another person -- me, that is.
3. She can be so stubborn about things that I don't think stubborness can really be attributed only to her age.
4. She loves animals of all sorts, and her imaginary friends always appear to be animals. She isn't into costume play at all, so no princesses, doctors, or anything of that sort to be found around here -- but you might run into a panther, a dog, a deer or a kitten if you ever came around.
5. Her greatest wish for her birthday was a to get a tiny plastic panther as a gift, but nobody could find one anywhere :(
6. She loves singing and knows several children's songs by heart. Her favourite places to sing would appear to be her push-chair and any swing she sits in. And yes, she's loud.
7. She's very empathic and always the first one to go and comfort anyone who is feeling sad -- even strangers. I'm afraid the world is going to be a saddening place for her in the future.
8. She denies all experiences of pain and hurt, and seldom cries. Of course this hasn't always been the case, I suppose she's afraid to acknowledge any pain because it might lead to trips to the hospital, but I truly wish she will get over this some day, the sooner the better.
9. Her favourite books are those that are written in verse or have texts that rhyme. She also loves stories by Astrid Lindgren, as well as Charlie and Lola.
10. Her third birthday check-up at the health care center was the first one where they found nothing wrong with her weight, height or similar 'anomalities', which really made me happy. I know this seems a silly reason to be happy about considering her other health problems, but as the struggle with her weight has been going on since she was about three months old, I'm relieved we didn't have to deal with that, too, once again.
11. I guess she gets the talking a lot bit I mentioned above from her mother... :)
Eleven questions posed by Karen:
1. What is your ideal weekend? An autumn weekend at O's family's summer cottage where there's no running water or any modcons; just the three of us with nothing special to do.
2. Favourite colour? Blue.
3. What super power would you like? Teleportation.
4. What are your passions? In addition to my family, I'd say literature, poetry in particular. Knitting's such a new one I hesitate to mention it here. But I guess I could just say 'beauty' and include everything in the world in it?
5. What is your favourite animal? I really don't have one.
6. Flats or heels? Flats.
7. If you had 1000 pounds to spend on yourself alone what would you buy? A beautiful painting.
8. Who would you most like to meet, living or dead? My grandmother as a young woman.
9. What is your favorite day of the week? Saturday.
10. What is top of your spring wardrobe want list? A new jacket -- I'm actually looking forward to seeing my surprise tailor-made one in the next month or so.
11. What makes you laugh? My daughter <3
Eleven questions from me to you:
1. What are you looking forward to? /// Mitä odotat?
2. What was the last item that you made or fixed yourself? /// Minkä esineen teit tai korjasit viimeksi itse?
3. What is your favorite novel? /// Lempiromaanisi?
4. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? /// Jos voisit matkustaa minne vain, minne menisit?
5. What are you listening to right now? /// Mitä kuuntelet juuri nyt?
6. What is your favorite blog? /// Lempiblogisi?
7. When was the last time you cried? /// Milloin itkit viimeksi?
8. Which season do you like best? /// Lempivuodenaikasi?
9. Where do you feel most at home? /// Missä olet eniten kotonasi?
10. Which of your possessions wouldn't you like to give up and why? /// Mistä tavarastasi et haluaisi luopua? Mikset?
11. What was your latest buy? /// Mitä ostit viimeksi?
I've been thinking long and hard about who to pass this on to. I love so many blogs, but I haven't really had the chance to read many of them lately, so I don't know who's been tagged before. Therefore: I'd like to invite all of you who read this to answer my eleven questions (if you've got the time) in the comment section -- I'd love to hear from you!///
En jaa tätä haastetta varsinaisesti nyt eteenpäin, vaan toivon että jokainen kynnelle kykenevä lukija vastaa halutessaan kysymyksiini kommenteissa. Voi miten tykkäisin kuulla teistä!